Monday, January 7, 2008

Relationships 101

So under the least...my day was filled with lots of interesting yet profoundly irrelevant things that had nothing to do with me......oh boy someone else's drama...
couldn't get any more disturbing yet I was drawn to it.!!

Like a fly circling around a lit light bulb for hours...nothing could distract me now!!! I was hooked ,,figured hell its someone else's worries not mine...for once..!! haha...
So I manage to keep it collective and perhaps threw my opinions here and there..Hey don't want to sound too involved right???..Until I realized I was too involved and I was actually being asked on self help and the big "what to Do's".. Shit... I'm not Dr. Phil,, nor Oprah...do I look like I could possibly help anyone...expect help with minor things.
The topic was about relationships. Oh boy... Sure, sit down have a seat,,got lots of info about that...I wanted to say to her your bf was a looser and you need to get rid of him before you hit more serious issues. But of course who listens to that..So I went with a friend of a friend story.. Seems to hit people with the reality moreless. Snap out of it girl, who needs a man with no intentions of ever making a future with you. In this day of age people tend to forget what they want, sit back and let the other person in the relationship run the show. Not sure where the show came from...but someone is always wanting to run it. I say fuck the show and make it dual.
She made it very clear that she wasn't happy and both had different views in life that were so off the record books. So continuing with my girl talk show down.
I was trying to make a point to her. That when it comes to dating theres always gives and takes. He didn't want kids... she did,...he didn't want to get married...she did...
There's a huge tie breaker right there. Your own wants and needs in a relationship can get tricky. If you really want something and the other person clearly doesn't. There's no point of even wasting time watching your relationship blossom into resentment. Unless your willing to not fill that manger void. Another thing she complained about was the way he was treating her.. Now I should talk. I've probably took more than what I should as a women and a person in ones life..But I was young and inane with fact that I was even worth something and I should be valued and treated equally. So therefore, now that I've been there done that so to speak, I can understand where problems can lie and whats really worth taking a second look. When your dating a man (in some cases boys) clearly he should be taking after your safety. Now I know this is 2008 and women are independent creatures . But whens its 3am in the morning and your bf is driving he's group of friends home and he doesn't make sure you at least take a taxi home . There is a problem. Now a days, people are cruel, things happen that shouldn't and a young girl walking home late at night in the middle of city, where's there drunks, punks trying to just have some fun. A young girl is a nice target. I'm sorry but if my bf doesn't at least take an interest in my safety then what does he care about??..
Now if something was to happen, and the police were involved , the statement would go something like this..".Well I was with my boyfriend with his friends, kissed him goodbye and I started walking home...??" ..what was your bf doing??
"He was driving he's friends home".....and made you walk??? wft???.... I don't care how far it is. It's the point of him not taking any care in world of your wellbeing. If you really care about a person, you want to make sure they get to where ever they are going safely,, am'I wrong?? ...Doesn't matter where to, where from, or how long it takes. Hell you care about your friends well being over someone your in a romantic relationship with?? I was flipped my lid when she told me this.
As she continued on, I got to thinking... Society in general makes the title being "single " such a horrible thing. I beg to differ. Sure its nice to cuddle up, kiss, yes there is always the sex, hold hands....blah blah...but whats the point when thats all it is. Unless of course thats what you want.
We all think that there's that special someone out there for us. When its all about timing. Secretly in our minds we know that the person that we are with at the particular moment is someone we want to be with, we just afraid to see it. Some cover it by saying "well they do this and they do that". But if there's more bad times than good times. Is there any point of staying miserable ?? Sure your happy sometimes. But if the things they are doing are certainly not livable and changeable. Than face the facts, you're worth more. Are we so scared to be alone that we bare and grim all the things we don't really want?? Took me a long time realize that there is always better, dating is a learning experience and you don't bite into the first apple you pick,...You have took look around a bit and find a nice looking no bruises clean cut apple..Some you find real quick and some may take a lil longer....Dating is like picking apples. You know when you find a rotten one and you know when found a good one!!!

No comments: