Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Friends, Cold Nights & Early Mornings

Weekends are such a pain in the ass anymore. I work 3 out of 4 weekends a month which makes getting up before 7am hard to enjoy any weekend! Don't get me wrong working weekends isn't all too bad, just can't enjoy you're night knowing you have to get up for work the next day.
Anyways this weekend was a roller coaster. Friday was ok, stayed home and just relaxed. So getting up Saturday morning wasn't too bad at all. . Saturday night didnt have any plans but pretty much chill-lax at home. But then to come to realize one of my GOOD friends is having some troubles with their relationship. They wanted to go out to let some frustrations out., talk, drink, and just clear some thoughts. I figured I would tag along and be a supervisor. lol. My Friends are really important to me. Like anyone else in this world no-one wants to see their friend upset and feeling low. I had all intentions not to over- drink myself to the point that I felt like I've been rang over with a snow plower.! The night out was good. Did some dancing, a few beers and some good music. Until.. .. .. It had dawned on my friend ( who was completely intoxicated) that they were not happy and needed to do some changes. Why is it that we feel the need to try and make our unhappiness go away with trying to numb it. It does not matter what you numb the pain with. It's always going to be there. I will admit I've done it too. Got all liquored up trying to forget how I feel and make it go away. Reality is, you wake up feeling worse tired, embarrassed, and the problems are still there just with a BIGGER headache. When it comes to relationships, how much should one individual take. ?Everyone has their breaking point, some take more, some take less. I've been threw so much when it comes to dating that I finally know what I want and not settling for anything less. You always see what you want to see, ignoring what is really there. Denial stage is a lot more structured, habit forming and harder to come down to reality. Like looking threw a door of a peep hole, you only see the face of things, never the whole entire surroundings. Until you actually open that door is where you see everything and be able to walk out and be able to look at what is really out there. You can't force people to walk out, unfortunately they have to be the ones who want to see and be able to conquer that fear. So here's the thing.......Maybe you're still madly in love with your significant other, but something tells you it's time to let go. How do you know when to let go? There is no full-proof way to know when to let go of a relationship. Every relationship has its ups and downs, so it is important to distinguish between what is the end of love or what can be sorted out. If your not happy why should you stay, most people say just get out and end it. Well its a lot more difficult and always easier to say it than do it. There's always that second doubt telling us the what If's. Sure you can tell your self that everything will be ok and things will go back to the way it was. Your mind is a beautiful thing and make you think what you want. But you're heart is what takes over in the end.

1 comment:

Teh Jess said...

Oh boy, what a night that was....and the next day too. Oh god. Sorry for keeping you out late. I felt pretty bad about that. Damn. I hope I'm finally learning that alcohol is not the answer?! lol. Seriously though, I need to cut back even more on my drinking... No more nights like that for me if I can help it. It's not worth it, and totally does not help the pain and frusteration! But I guess we have to learn that the hard way sometimes, eh?