Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Jeet Kune Do!?!

Today was very interesting. Unfortunately I didnt get much sleep last night. I was still up at 4am, not too sure why I couldnt sleep, but when My cell rang at 7am to be called in for work, I knew it was going to be a long ass day! So I did go in, I need the shifts!! But I guess it wasn't too bad, was glad when 3:00pm came though!! After settling down after work, I thought about heading to the gym.. I was not going to go at first. But there was a Jeet Kune Do class tonight that seemed rather neat to check out. Started at 630, so I gathered my stuff for the gym and went. Got there fairly early so I did some weight training and heading down to the gym when it was time for the class. I'll be honest I was kinda hesitant at first, I was alone, didn't know anyone and did not know what to accept. So there I was having not a clue what to do, there was a guy doing laps around in a small circle of the gym. Gave it about 5 min and others showed up. Phew, glad to see other people there! lol.. I assumed at that point that's how the class started out by doing laps to get warmed up.

So I joined in and just RAN,,like Forest in Forest Gump!! lol!! So we did that about 10mins or so just running and walking around in a circle warming up. There was six people 3 girls and 3 guys including the dude who was the instructor! Was kinda nice he notice I was new and got my name and started explaining things. OMG.. What a WORKOUT!! We did all sorts of things.
Running, stretching, Kicks (not just kicks I MEAN HIGH ONES) leaps back and forth across the gym floor. Also ab work outs, push-ups on our knuckles, just all sorts of stuff but very INTENSE!!

Learned how to defend myself when someone tries to punch me, was very fun. The people in the group at first was very quiet, but I kinda tried talking to them. The one girl there is awesome!!
Her and I talked a bit, and cheated on some of the exercises a lil while the instructor wasn't looking!! LOL. Im really glad I went. I have to do some catch up considering the class has been going on since before Christmas. But Everyone was really patient with me and the instructor helped me threw everything! Its a high intense work-out with self defense!!!

Always good to learn how to protect your self, you never know when it could come in handy. Next week we are learning more on self protect exercises, which Should be very interesting indeed!!

I'll never worked out so hard and had fun at the same time. I'm just glad my insecurities didn't get the best of me because at one point I was thinking what in god's name did I get myself into!!! But I was reassured that considering it was my first time I did pretty good.
So now I know before this class there is no need to be doing any kind of pre-work out . The class covers every body part and muscle!.. So high Kicks and Punches to my DAY!!

No comments: